TCAS Online & WorldPay
Worldpay is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for our merchant customers. Through TCAS Online, Worldpay operate reliable and secure proprietary technology platforms that enable merchants to accept a vast array of payment types, across multiple channels, anywhere in the world.
Worldpay has been a pioneer in card payments, multi-currency processing, online payments and contactless, and is aiming to lead the way in expanding global reach, data analytics and optimisation, and the emerging field of integrated payments.
On a typical day, WorldPay process over 31 million mobile, online and in-store transactions – that’s around 400 a second. In 2015, they processed 13.1bn transactions with a total value of c.402bn. They support 400,000 merchants in 126 currencies across 146 countries, offering over 300 payment methods. WorldPay are the leader in payments in the UK, where they process approximately 42% of all transactions.
WorldPay solutions are delivered by 5,000 colleagues from their corporate headquarters in London and 25 offices in 11 countries around the world.
WorldPay serve all types of businesses – big and small. You may interact with Worldpay several times a day, without realising it. They are the trusted payments partner of some of the UK’s largest retailers, but also for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses in the UK and US, including over 16,000 hairdressers, over 24,000 restaurants and more than 9,000 pubs in the UK and some of the most innovative and fast growing eCommerce businesses globally.
The Group has three operating divisions: Global eCom, Worldpay US and Worldpay UK.
- Global eCom serves large and fast growing internet-led multinationals with complex payment needs, supported by WorldPay’s vertical expertise.
- Worldpay UK (WPUK) provides local in-store, online and mobile payment acceptance solutions for UK-based merchants, from large corporates to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs/SMBs) and micro merchants, accounting for approximately 42% of UK card payments.
- Worldpay US (WPUS) provides local in-store, online and mobile payment acceptance solutions for US-based merchants, with a focus on integrated payments for SMEs/SMBs.
- WorldPay operate globally and serve merchants across 146 countries with 25 office locations in key markets. The majority of WorldPay’s 4,500 staff are located in the UK, the US, India and Canada but are also present in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, China, Sweden, the Netherlands and Singapore.
- The Worldpay network is able to accept payments from geographies covering >99% of global GDP